Trick or Treat Scheduled for FRIDAY, October 30th, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Trick or Treat night will be held on Friday, October 30th from 6pm – 8pm.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The recommended date and time for Trick or Treat is done for the safety of those participating and does not prohibit or prevent residents from conducting Trick or Treat activities on other dates or times.
- This recommended date and time will not be changed, altered or be cancelled, for any reason.
- Participation in Trick or Treat is voluntary and as such participants should make decisions based on their personal comfort level after considering all factors, including the possibility of inclement weather
- The Township does not enforce compliance with COVID-19 guidelines and will not as they relate to trick or treat events.
Parents can help make sure this Halloween will be a safe one by following these tips:
- Costumes should be bright and reflective and not drag on the ground; masks should allow for unobstructed vision and kid’s shoes should fit their feet.
- Make sure young children are accompanied by an adult, even if it’s not you.
- Pack a flashlight in the candy bag for use while walking after dark.
- Stay away from houses that are dark.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic using the flashlight for safety.
- A cell phone should be handy to call 911 in case of emergency.
- Inspect all candy. Although tampering is rare, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- As a homeowner, it is your duty to make sure the yard is clear of anything that could be a tripping hazard (i.e. hoses, ladders, flower pots, dog toys, unlit steps).
- Jack O’Lanterns should be lit by battery-powered flame, not a candle, to prevent a costume, bag, or decoration from catching fire.
- Lock your dog or cats up in a room where they can’t see the trick-or-treaters. And don’t forget, chocolate can be deadly to pets. Make sure kids don’t try to feed your family pet a treat!