The seven member Park Commission is an advisory board to the Board of Supervisors. Members are appointed for a five year term. The Commission sponsors the annual summer “Music-in-the-Park” series and a summer Children’s programs. The Commission also oversees the development of Township parks. The Commission holds its monthly meeting on the fourth Thursday of each month.
The mission of the East Donegal Township Park Commission is to provide park areas, recreation facilities, programs and other opportunities to enrich the quality of life for Township residents.
The general purpose of the East Donegal Township Park Commission is to advise the Board of Supervisors and the Public Works Department on ways to administer, maintain, develop and operate parks and recreational facilities in the Township, and to develop a program of services designed to meet the various leisure time interests of all Township residents.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To develop and maintain park areas and recreational facilities for residents to enjoy.
2. To offer recreation programs and services that are consistent with residents’ needs and interest.
3. To support the general health and well-being of residents leading to a sense of community.
4. To coordinate the use of all park areas.
5. To maintain all park areas providing a safe environment.
6. To coordinate recreational opportunities consistent with community needs.
PARK COMMISSION MEMBERS
Corey Sine – Chairman
Alan Kaylor – Vice-Chairman