Trick or Treat Scheduled for FRIDAY, October 30th, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Trick or Treat night will be held on Friday, October 30th from 6pm – 8pm.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The recommended date and time for Trick or Treat is done for the safety of those participating and does not prohibit or prevent residents from conducting Trick or Treat activities on other dates or times.
- This recommended date and time will not be changed, altered or be cancelled, for any reason.
- Participation in Trick or Treat is voluntary and as such participants should make decisions based on their personal comfort level after considering all factors, including the possibility of inclement weather
- The Township does not enforce compliance with COVID-19 guidelines and will not as they relate to trick or treat events.
Parents can help make sure this Halloween will be a safe one by following these tips:
- Costumes should be bright and reflective and not drag on the ground; masks should allow for unobstructed vision and kid’s shoes should fit their feet.
- Make sure young children are accompanied by an adult, even if it’s not you.
- Pack a flashlight in the candy bag for use while walking after dark.
- Stay away from houses that are dark.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic using the flashlight for safety.
- A cell phone should be handy to call 911 in case of emergency.
- Inspect all candy. Although tampering is rare, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- As a homeowner, it is your duty to make sure the yard is clear of anything that could be a tripping hazard (i.e. hoses, ladders, flower pots, dog toys, unlit steps).
- Jack O’Lanterns should be lit by battery-powered flame, not a candle, to prevent a costume, bag, or decoration from catching fire.
- Lock your dog or cats up in a room where they can’t see the trick-or-treaters. And don’t forget, chocolate can be deadly to pets. Make sure kids don’t try to feed your family pet a treat!
East Donegal Township To Host Multi-Municipal Shredding Event – Saturday, September 19th
East Donegal, Mount Joy, and West Donegal Townships will be holding a shredding event on Saturday, September 19 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. East Donegal Township will be hosting the event at the East Donegal Township building located at 190 Rock Point Road, Marietta.
This event will be free of charge to all residents/businesses that reside or are located within these three townships. Residency identification will be required. We will be limiting the amount of shredding to a maximum of four banker boxes or 32-gallon bags of paper per property to be shredded. Shredders handle staples, paper clips and folders as well as any color paper. Boxes or bags containing any materials that cannot be shredded will not be accepted.
You can watch while your paper is shredded by bonded personnel and equipment. All shredded paper is then taken for proper and green disposal and the Township is provided with a Certificate of Destruction.
There is no charge to dispose of the shredded paper at this event. However, as it our wish to help others within our community, we are asking those participating in this event for donations of canned goods and boxed items. Please be generous as these donations will be given to local food banks. Their greatest needs include: canned meats, juice, canned/boxed pasta, jams/jellies, cereals, pancake mixes and syrup, and paper products. Baby food and formula will also be accepted. Please no perishable items. Donations should be non-expired, non-breakable, and all items should be in unopened containers. Glass, frozen food, fresh produce/meats or home-made food will not be accepted. Your help is truly appreciated by those in need in our community!
Final Music In The Park Program For 2020 To Feature Big, Big, Jazz Band…And Free Ice Cream
The final evening of the 2020 Summer Music In The Park Program will take place Sunday evening, August 30, 2020. The program will begin at 6:30 PM. This week will feature the Big, Big, Jazz Band. Originally scheduled for the evening was the Rohrerstown Band. However, due the size of the band and the need to social distance, the Rohrerstown Band is not able to perform. So some members of the larger band will perform as the Big, Big, Jazz Band to round out our summer program.
Also that evening, there there will be a special recognition of a park bench placed in memory of Mike Guinivan who passed away January 16, 2020. Mike serve many years on the Township Planning Commission and Township Park Commission and was a driving force in keeping the Music In The Park program going for the community’s enjoyment.
To celebrate a successful summer season of music, the Township Board of Supervisors will be in attendance to provide free ice cream to all! So come out to Fuhrman Park Sunday evening to enjoy the weather, good music and free ice cream.
The Board of Supervisors and the Township Park Commission would like to thank all those that support this annual summer series of music through donations, program sponsorship or participation. Without the support of these businesses, these presentations would be difficult to provide to the community.