Township Approves Declaration of Disaster Emergency Due to COVD-19
(March 20, 2020) The East Donegal Township Board of Supervisors has taken precautionary measures and actions in response to the ever-changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As we continue in these difficult times, these actions are being taken to meet our goals of providing for the health and safety of our residents and employees.
The following actions have been taken and the following East Donegal Township facilities and programs are affected by the precautionary measures:
- Declaration of Local Disaster Emergency – The East Donegal Township Board of Supervisors have officially declared a Disaster Emergency, coinciding with the Federal, State, and County declarations. (View Declaration Here)
- East Donegal Township Municipal Building – The Township office located at 190 Rock Point Road has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. Staff continues to work at the Township office and can be reached at 717-426-3167 or via email addresses found on the “Township Contacts” page of the Township website (www.eastdonegaltwp.com). This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday April 1, 2020.
- Susquehanna Regional Police Department Lobby – The Susquehanna Regional Police Department shares the main lobby within the East Donegal Township Municipal Building and has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Department employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday April 1st, 2020.
With the Municipal Building lobby being closed to the public, those making utility and/or trash payments have the option of:
- Dropping your payment in the DROP BOX on the recycling shed located to the right of the entrance of the Municipal Building at 190 Rock Point Road. Be sure to include your billing statement with payment to help us identify your property. If your portion of the statement is still attached, we will date-stamp it and return it to you in the mail.
- You can continue to mail in your payment, if you choose. All mail will be opened and processed as usual.
- Pay on-line through the Township website (www.eastdonegaltwp.com). Please note that the company handling the on-line payments charge a transaction convenience fee.
Other Township Services and Events:
- We will be using recommendations from the county, state and federal officials and health experts to guide us in our decisions regarding changes to other Township services and events. This may involve limiting attendance, cancelling scheduled programs or meetings, closing certain facilities and potentially suspending non-essential services. Other changes may be made in the coming days and we will keep you posted. Please do not hesitate to contact the Township directly if you have a question or concern about a specific event, service or department.
- Our Township Emergency Management staff along with other Township staff and elected officials will continue to monitor the recommendations from the county, state and federal officials and health experts as this situation changes. We will also continue to communicate with you, the community, of any impacts to the Township and its services as a result of the Coronavirus. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented and dynamic situation.
We encourage you to monitor reliable sources on COVID-19 including:
- PA Dept. of Health – https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html