Municipal Building Re-Opened To General Public
(May 18, 2020) The East Donegal Township Municipal Building is now open to the general public. Masks are required for entry into the building and appropriate social distancing must be observed. Township staff is available for in-person meetings, however, this is by appointment only. Drop-off and Pick-up bins remain placed outside the front entrance to the Building to allow for the exchange of items without the need to enter the Building. Just call 717-426-3167 if you would like to leave or pick-up an item outside.
Although the building is open, many things, such as making payments, dropping off permit applications, or picking up yard waste bags, can be handled without coming into the building.
Those making utility and/or trash payments have the option of:
- Dropping your payment in the DROP BOX on the recycling shed located to the right of the entrance of the Municipal Building at 190 Rock Point Road. Be sure to include your billing statement with payment to help us identify your property. If your portion of the statement is still attached, we will date-stamp it and return it to you in the mail.
- You can continue to mail in your payment, if you choose. All mail will be opened and processed as usual.
- Pay on-line through the Township website (www.eastdonegaltwp.com). Please note that the company handling the on-line payments charge a transaction convenience fee.
Trash/Recycling and Yard Waste Tags
- Residents needing to purchase waste/recycling tags (i.e. yard waste tags, tags for extra trash, oversize item tags, etc.) can continue to call 717-426-3167 to have the needed tags placed in the outside pick-up bin and place payment in the payment drop box on the recycling shed.
Recycling Bins and Yard Waste Bags
- The recycling shed located in the parking lot to the right of the Municipal Building will be open during regular business hours for residents to pick-up a replacement recycling bin or to acquire yard waste bags.
- Application for permits, subdivision/land development and Zoning Hearing Board appearances can all be downloaded for the Township website. Call Township staff at 717-426-3167 if there’s question regarding application and required information and fees. The completed application, and all supporting information, can be dropped off in the bin outside the Municipal Building. Just notify Township staff that items are in the bin.